The District Clerk receives indictments from the Grand Jury for processing.
- assignment of court and preparation of files.
- issues capias (warrants for arrest).
- issues warrants for executions in capital murder cases (death penalty cases).
- processes approximately 2,000 criminal cases annually.
- issues various reports to agencies, such as the Texas Department of Pubic Safety, Register of Voters, Texas Judicial Council.
- prepares appeals to the Court of Appeals.
- finalizes all cases, prepare final packets for T.D.C.J. (Texas Department of Criminal Justice).